A ton of cat litter and counting
When I sit for you, you can leave knowing your home is safely occupied and your cats are loved and cared for. Being petless has advantages, but I miss my cats and will be delighted to be with yours. House sitting also provides an appreciated change of scenery and lets me get to know your city as a temporary local.
I'm a Canadian with dual Canadian/American citizenship. I'm also a ghostwriter (please see 'Autobiography of Hyperrealist Sculptor John DeAndrea' on Amazon) and technical editor.
I have over 40 years' experience as both a homeowner and renter. My home is extremely important to me: I live here, work here and see only trusted friends here. I'll treat your home with the same fussy attention I give my own.
No one besides myself will enter your home when you are away without your approval.
Cats were in the house before I was born and the entire time I lived at home. As an adult I've had only three pets. The first cat lived to be 19, and the second two, running concurrently, were 15 and 16. I really have moved over a ton of cat litter!
For short stays (1-2 weeks), I welcome house or house/cat sitting within about 350 km of Seattle, Washington.
For stays from 2 to 6 weeks, I'm happy to roam farther. I don't charge for house/cat sitting, so the only cost to you would be my travel (by car or by air) to your home. I live north of Seattle, about 210 km south of Vancouver. For longer trips I'd fly out of Seattle-Tacoma International (or possibly Vancouver International). A consideration is the availability of good public transit or a car. I have an excellent driving record. Please be in touch so we can consider your particular needs.
A few other points:
* I'm an ace at keeping indoor cats indoors.
* We can communicate as frequently as you wish by text, email, or cell.
* I'll leave your home as clean and neat as when I arrived. You'll barely be able to tell I was there.
* I don't smoke, drink, or use legal (or illegal) recreational drugs.
* With your detailed instructions, I'll care for indoor and outdoor plants.
* I've had the first and second dose of the Pfizer vaccine (spring 2021), a Moderna booster (November 2021) and a bivalent Pfizer booster (September 2022).
Thank you for reviewing my profile!