Save for your house, take a study break or finally write that screenplay. Make it happen here.
Pet sitting & House sitting job in Kootenay Rockies
Kootenay Rockies - Central Kootenay
Please, note the house sit is: September 20th, 2021 (can be slightly adjusted) - May 20th, 2022.
HOWEVER .... there must be a clear understanding from the start, the actual end of the term will be our return home, even if delayed for months.
We have personal experience from 2020 VirusCircus, being delayed for 6+ months in Argentina, unable to return home. Hard to believe, but true. This problem, or any other, can be repeated and that is a reason why we seek only house sitters who have full flexibility to extend indefinately at the end of the term.
PLEASE NOTE - The following Terms are NON NEGOTIABLE. If you do not meet ALL the criteria outlined below, PLEASE do not contact us.
* ONLY for a single female, or a couple.
* You Must be 45 years or over.
* You Must have Canadian residency.
* No pets, No kids, No smoking, No drugs, No police records, etc.
We are looking for mature, experienced and very independent house sitter, preferably a couple, to take care of our home.
We travel frequently and extensively, consequently we encourage you to:
* check the list of terms/dates for already scheduled assignments (at the bottom of the text)
* to contact us if interested to house sit our home in the future (please, include specifics as usual + your target dates)
Please, absolutely No smokers, No children and No pets.
Sitters will be asked for references and ID.
We have two cats (staying outside). Otherwise we have no animals or garden as we are surrounded by forest.
Our home is located at very private 20+ acres with creek and a lot of mature trees. Just 3km to Arrow Lakes.
In our community there are no clubs, pubs, restaurants, cinemas, bowling/music halls or any other city life goodies.
This region attracts outdoor enthusiasts and community oriented people who value and enjoy rural living.
Our house is in rural area with a lot of wildlife, including bears. Closest town is 30 minutes North (Nakusp) and has all basic services.
There is no public transport to speak of, therefore a car is absolutely essential, 4x4 would be preferable.
Our house is in rural area with a lot of wildlife, including bears. Closest town is 30 min. / 45km North (Nakusp) and has all basic services.
Our 22 acre property is 510 meters above the seal level. Anyone considering house sitting must expect the snow and sub-zero temperatures. The plowing of the driveway could be arranged with local contractor on "as required" bases.
* There is Telus mobile service in Burton area, but the signal at our property is weak or none, depending on the quality of the mobile phone used. This is because our property is in the signal "shadow". Just 300-400 meters down the road the signal has full strength.
* There is no TV in our household. We have a DVD player, projector & screen
* Our Internet connection is via community wireless network, its performance is respectable. However, it must be understood that the weather may negatively impact the service provided, and the Internet connection we have is slow by comparison to "cable" speeds in urban areas, but sufficient for all basic tasks - electronic mail, searches, posting pictures, etc. However, do not expect any possibility of audio or video-streaming or video-conferencing. Our house has Ethernet & WiFi connections and VOIP telephone.
* Alternative WiFi Internet connections are available in the library, visitor center and number of coffee shops in Nakusp.
The following trips to Central and South America (approximately 8 months each trip) are already planed and we will be seeking suitable house sitters for outlined time periods:
* September 20th (+/-), 2022 - May 20th (+), 2023
* September 20th (+/-), 2023 - May 20th (+/-), 2024
We will not consider splitting individual listed terms, that means only the house sitting teams interested and able to cover whole 8 months should contact us.
If all will work out well during first house sitting term, repeated house sitting would be possible for those parties interested to return.
We are flexible when it comes to overlapping days before, as well as after each listed the assignment.
====== Important additional information ======
Preference will be given to:
* females and couples 50+
* Sitters with their own vehicle and experience driving on snow/ice
* People in very good health (as any health facilities in this area are extremely limited)
* People with a flexible calendar
* No smoking, no pets, no kids ..... these preferences are listed last, but they are Non-Negotiable.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have.
Thank you for taking time to review our listing.