Travel on a shoestring
House sitting is a fun, immersive way to experience this magnificent country - without paying a cent for accommodation!
Pet sitting & House sitting job in Kootenay Rockies
Kootenay Rockies - East Kootenay
Pet Sitting Description
Hello there! We are looking for a couple or two friends to help look after our fur babies while we go on our long-awaited honeymoon from September to December. The home is situated about 10 Km's south of the town of Fairmont Hot Springs BC, on 4 Acres of land. It has beautiful mountain and lake views and all tons of space outside for exploring. The area is close to golf courses, ski resorts, lakes, 3 hot springs numerous small towns. You will have a private basement suite to yourselves on the walkout basement-level of a three story home; your accommodations include 1 bedroom (queen bed), 1 bathroom, a kitchen (with all required utensils/cooking appliances), internet, television with Netflix, and access to the shared laundry with upstairs (in a separate area of the house from your suite.) Please note that the map is showing a different location; we are just off of Highway 93/95 across from Columbia Ridge Estates.
(Please note that the upstairs will have tenants renting it but other than laundry the spaces are totally separate.
The ideal candidate has:
- Extensive experience with cats and dogs (bonus points for experience with Huskies and their boundless energy) and valid references.
- GREAT communication skills, and a desire to send photo updates as we will miss them dearly.
- Patience and endurance for working with newly retired sled dogs to help ease them off of pulling.
- Access to a personal vehicle in order to get around the area, as we are a 10-minute drive to the nearest market.
- HIGH levels of cleanliness to maintain a hygienic living environment.
- Lots of love in their hearts for cuddles with all animals.
- Fluent in English
-Respectful of quiet times and house rules.